So I've had a great week. Every morning this week has been early (for me atleast). Claire had "girl scouts" camp every morning this week and had to be on base early, so I getting up at about 8 am to watch Truman and Sage (when he wasn't going to camp on Tues and Thurs). It was early, but not too bad. And I got to hang out with Truman a lot, and he is such a stinker! He's beginning to make a little bit of sense with his words, and he knows a few of my words. He's darling!!!
Today Amy, Truman, and I went to downtown Pisa and walked around the Tower and the Duome and stuff. It was fun!! I didn't get my picture next to the tower "holding it up" but I will do that before my year is over here!! I did have the BEST gelato though! Yum. I had pistachio and coconut. Gross, you may think, but i'm telling you I ACTUALLY had pistachio and coconut in cream form, or atleast it tasted like it. It was amazing how the italians can capture the flavor so strongly and accurately. It was really really good. It was like 15 euro (about 25 dollars) just to climb the tower, and even more to go into the cathedral and duomo. So we didn't spend the money today, but I will!! I did, though, get to go into the cathedral for free by pretending I was praying, but really I just sat down on the "praying benches" as a cute Italian lady watched me closely, and looked around the HUGE room, OH MY GOSH! It was soo pretty! The statues and the paintings! Simply breathtaking, and I couldn't take pictures...would have blown my praying facade. The Italian lady would have kicked me out on my behind, she looked pretty tough.
The food is good, I haven't had much of it. The family here doesn't eat it very often, although we did have Pizza this week from the base, it was soo good. You do get sick of the same stuff over and over again. But as Amy put it "If you don't want to eat pasta, pizza, or gelato you are just out of luck!" and it's soo true. Although I did see a mexican resturaunt today. Didn't have time to check it out, but I wonder how it would be....
1 comment:
I'm so flippin' jealous of you! AND you are SO close to Logan. He's in Prato...do you know where that is? I'm jealous but so happy for you. Keep up the good times, Midge!
Post a Comment