Photo of the Week

Photo of the Week
Albero d'Olio

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Arrival in Italy






Oh my! I am actually in Italy, after 36 hours of travel, its about time. From the little I saw from the airport, Italy is BEAUTIFUL! The house I'm living in is amazing as well, bright yellow, the room is perfect! A balcony just makes it complete, reminds me a little bit of home, when i shared a balcony with my sister. (Check out the pics) I haven't been outside the house yet, i slept for like 20 hours straight. And I am still tired, it will take me a while to get used to the hours here. But later I will have more pics, and eat some real italiano food. The family I'm living with is amazing, I already feel a part of their family! But I already miss home, and I'm sure I will for a while, but if not at home, in Italy is where I would love to be. From the small interactions I've had with the Italians, I LOVE them. It will take some to time to get used to their culture and language and stuff but I can't wait.


I must remember my goals:

1. Try EVERY peice of food that is placed before me.

I'm so PICKY, as my family would agree, so I must remember that food is different here,

and I might like it! Gelato will not be my problem though.

2. Spend as much time with Italians

Learn the language

Make Italian Friends

Fall in love with an Italian, ha ha

3. Travel, Travel, Travel

I think I might go somewhere in August, maybe Switzerland...can't remember.

2 comments:

red said...

I hope you have sooo much fun Rach!!! Best wishes. LOVE your new room.

Anonymous said...

Wow it looks so pretty there with your balcony. I hope that everything works out amazingly. I will come visit you.