Photo of the Week

Photo of the Week
Albero d'Olio

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

N.A.R.

My post comes in three chapters:

I. Chapter One: Naples and Mount Vesuvious

So la famiglia took a little trip down south to the city of Napoli. We spent most of our time on the Navy base there. This base is a lot bigger than the one in Pisa. We had a lot of time so we we ate (twice) at taco bell, did a bunch of christmas shopping at the impressive mall, we took a break at the movie theatre and saw High School Musical 3!!! It was great. And then we topped it all off with a nice dinner at Applebees. (A real life Applebee's, yay!!!)




On our way out of Naples we stopped by to see a city that is very much like Pompei. It was preserved by the blast and the ash from Mount Vesuvious (the volcano in the back of the picture). Unfortunately when we got there they had just closed but we looked over the walls and saw it from afar. It was cool from what I saw. It made me want to go to Pompei really really bad. The Iverson's didn't go to Pompei this time because they had previously gone. I will return and explore...


II. Chapter Two The Coast of Amalfi


This is probably the most beautiful places I have ever been! This pic is from right outside our hotel-apartment window. Seriously! We spent a lot of time here just enjoying the scenery. The coast is seriously breathtaking. The Amalfi coast was constantly under the sun while we were there, but not too hot or anything. Just b-e-a-utiful.


III. Chapter Three: Return to Roma


We spent the last couple days of the vacation in beautiful Rome. We walked to Trevi Fountain, Piazza Navona, the Spanish Steps, and the Victor Emmanuel II Monument. It was great. I always like going here, I'll be back two times next month. Ha ha.



I definitely LOVED this vacay.

3 comments:

a.men said...

Seriously, I am sooooooo jealous! You lucky, lucky girl!

fallen_angel said...

I sure hope that you are making a list for when I come over! I heard that Steph called you to...will you be able to meet them?
P.S. GO UTES!! The BYU/UTAH game is in 2 days and things are heating up here in Utah...we miss you!

Shawnee - Sassy in Sweatpants said...

i tagged you! see my blog!