Photo of the Week

Photo of the Week
Albero d'Olio

Monday, August 25, 2008

The Famous Cinque Terre

Just take a look at the scenery I surround myself with. Wow. Cinque Terre is SO pretty. The cliff cities and the blue koolaid water. Seriously nothing can compare. I just went Thursday with my friend, Jason, and the weather was perfect! It was kind of crowded, those darn tourists. (I am bound and determined to NOT be one of those, I LIVE in Italy for heaven's sake!) We hiked through the first couple cities and just enjoyed the view. Cinque Terre are these five small cities right on the shore of the sea. So small, essentially no cars can be driven through, but you can either hike from city to city or take the train. We did both.
In one of the cities there is a huge rock that comes out of the sea right next to the shore. We climbed this rock and jumped into the water. Jason persuaded me and I was determined to do it. And it was totally worth it! Some guys even took pictures of us jumping off it. I'm famous. Ha, just kidding. It was definitely neat! After the jumping escapades and the hiking we ate some yummy famous Italain pesto pizza. Yum yum and yum. Nothing more can be said of the pizza. After relaxing on the beach for a while in the fourth city we got on the train and left for home, I was exhausted, as Jason can testify to. I slept the whole car ride home, poor kid--I'm not much fun when I'm tired. But Cinque Terre! Wow. It is a place you simply must see before you die.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow seems like your sayin a lot about this Jason kid haha j/k the pictures look AMAZING i hope it works out for me to come!! I miss you lots!

Shawnee - Sassy in Sweatpants said...

I MISS YOU!!!!!!!

and I'm so jealous but so happy for you because it looks like you're having an amazing time.

LOVE YOU!